PRODUCER’s BIO FILMOGRAPHY +Irina Ruiz Figueroa
- Electronics and Communications Engineer from University of Panama (1998-2004).
- Film Producer graduated from International School of Film and Television of CUBA (EICTV 16th Generation, 2004- 2007).
Irina Ruiz Figueroa started making historical and scientific documentaries for the Interoceanic Panama Canal Museum, JICA Panama (Japan International Cooperation Agency) and STRI Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute of Panama. Has produced several short films in S16mm, independent documentaries and TV series.
One of her fiction films as a Producer: “A RIFF for Lázaro” (EICTV & London Film School) has been selected in several International Festivals in Latin America and Europe: Winner of Best Short Film at 2th Festival del Cine Latinoamericano de Oaxaca, México 2008 and Winner of “Shorts and Music Award” at CORTO IN BRA Film Festival, Italia, 2008.
Irina Ruiz is also the Producer of “LA RUTA”, a documentary film Dir. by Pituka Ortega Heilbron (The Fists of a Nation) and “JUEGA VIVO” Dir. by Enrique Pérez Him, both projects granted by IBERMEDIA PROGRAM.
At the moment, she raises talents and supports feature film projects in Central America and the Caribbean.
SHE HAS HAD AN OUTSTANDING PARTICIPATION AS A YOUNG PRODUCER AT:
– MORELIA LAB 2007 Workshop for Iberoamerican Producers (Michoacán, Mexico)
– SERES Génesis ( Sci.Fi Film). 2nd Director Assist. on mexican 1st movie shot with 4K RED ONE Technology. (Monterrey MEXICO, 2007)
– 5th International Jewish Film Festival 2007. México City – Producer
– NUEVAS MIRADAS 2007, Project’s Market (Habana Film Festival, CUBA).
– LA ISLA Local Production at Raúl de la Fuente’s (NOMADAK TX) documentary shoot in Cuba.
– 6th BERLINALE’s Talent Campus (Berlin, GERMANY 2008 )
– Iberoamerican Films Crossing Borders (México 2008 )
– 4to Encuentro Iberoamericano de Co.Producción Cinematográfica (México 2008 )
– “Visionary Campus Guadalajara” 1st Documentaray Workshop supported by Festival de Intl. Cine de Guadalajara and Berlinale’s Talent Campus (2008 ).
– 2do Diplomado Internacional en Producción Cinematográfica Iberoamericana supported by IBERMEDIA program (Panamá, 2008 )
– Seminario La Creación y las Leyes en el Cine Latinoamericano organized by EICTV and FNCL and UNEAC (Unión de Escritores y Artistas de Cuba) (CUBA, 2008 )
– MIRADAS MARKET. International Documentary Film Festival MIRADAS DOC (GUIA DE ISORA, CANARIAS – SPAIN 2008 )
– PRODUIRE AU SUD. Workshop for International Film Co.Production (NANTES, FRANCE 2008 )
JUEGAVIVO FILM – PROJECT STATUS
JUEGA VIVO (Smarten Up) is a funny coming-of-age adventure, set inside a society that suffers from a strong crisis of values. It is a feature film written by the Panamanian Enrique Pérez Him.
The project has a 90 pages script (3rd version) which has been revised by industry professionals at the
Iberoamerican Film Project Development Workshop organized by Casa de América and Fundación Carolina (Madrid, 2007).
This film has an international B Classification and it’s focused on young audiences. The production strategy for this film is to use the new aid
policies of the Panamanian government for the audiovisual sector, along with the help of co-production partners and international grants that we plan to obtain during this period.
JUEGA VIVO have received a grant for project Development, from IBERMEDIA Program (SPAIN).
At this point we have a spanish company ICONICA S.A. ( http://www.iconica.es ) which has supported the project as a Co.Developer Producer. Our company NGOBE Films ( http://www.ngobe.com ) keeps working to fundraise the global budget to make this film a reality in our country.
©2006 – 2009. JUEGAVIVO – Panamanian Film Project
supported by IBERMEDIA PROGRAM